Utah (in-office) or Remote
Rivet & Role Overview
Rivet is an early-stage, venture-backed SaaS startup building software for healthcare providers to make the U.S. healthcare system more transparent via a reimagined payer intelligence and patient billing infrastructure.
We're looking for a product designer to increase our iteration bandwidth in our effort to create as much customer value as possible. As Rivet's second product designer, you'll work closely with a team of engineers and a product manager to define, design, and deliver products that help patients understand the cost of care, and help healthcare providers get paid.
- Support your product team's discovery efforts to identify, define, and validate new ideas by participating in market research, user interviews, and internal feedback sessions.
- Lead your product team through UX discovery and concepting by conducting research, leading design exercises, and creating prototypes.
- Create highly usable designs that enable our users to do their jobs better and promote trust
- Deliver clearly presented final mocks as the visual source of truth for the team
- Clearly communicate and drive alignment on design choices with stakeholders
- Audit and improve product usability by conducting research and understanding analytics
- Maintain and improve our design system to improve developer experience and final product quality
- Improve our design documentation to enable autonomy and consistency for your team
- Define the design culture at Rivet
- Occasionally support marketing and sales with design collateral
- Healthcare is too expensive. Our mission to simplify the finances of healthcare will reduce the cost and mental burden of care for patients and empower independent providers against massive insurance networks.
- Ownership and accountability - we'll give you the reigns and hold you responsible for delivering great results.
- Wear lots of hats - we're small and scrappy, so you'll learn first-hand about the different aspects of a SaaS company.
- Ship product early and often - you'll learn which ideas worked or not so you can iterate quickly to build a great product
- Work with a best-in-class team - we're driven, smart, hard-working, and we have a ton of fun together
- Be yourself - we recognize and celebrate our differences, and actively work to increase equity and inclusion for all people and perspectives
- Mentorship from seasoned leaders - our leaders will challenge and support your growth and development
- Great benefits - including flexible PTO, healthcare coverage, and stock options
- 3+ years of experience as a software product designer
- Comfortable with and effective at leading customer interaction
- Proficient with design tools
- Experience conducting discovery research, including user interviews, studying documentation, reviewing competing products, ethnography research, and story mapping
- Experience conducting usability research with user interviews and product analytics
- Ability to collaborate with a team, drive consensus, and clearly communicate decisions to stakeholders
- Strong eye for visual design, using hierarchy, typography, color, and layout to create clear and usable interfaces
- Ability to use interaction to reinforce user action and create delight
- Ability to use photography, illustration, or other visual elements where appropriate to improve usability or create delight
- Ability to design a product as a cohesive whole, as well as minute detailed components
- Ability to organize and lay out complex information in a way that makes sense to the user
- Ability to create and document reusable UI components, their various states, and how to use them
- Ability to create and document logical UX patterns
- Ability to create logical UX flows that enable user success
- Work productively on your own, resolving blockers and dependencies autonomously
- Experience working for a SaaS company or early-stage technology startup
- Knowledge of the US healthcare system, especially eligibility and benefits
- Experience working on patient-facing experiences
- Figma Skillz
- Experience using product analytics tools